Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Beginning of the School Year

Last Saturday, we went to get Little Man all his supplies for kindergarten. He went with me and sat in the buggy and collected all of his new, neatly packaged treasures, naming off each one as I checked it off the list. As soon as we got home, he wanted to take them all out and put them in his new backpack (the bright green and gray one we picked out first, even though he wanted the rolling, black and red Spiderman backpack that cost 2.5 times (!!!) more).

Sunday morning he came out with his loaded backpack on his back, carrying his lunch box. I'll have to remind him for a whole week that he doesn't start "big boy school" till next Monday.

I'm glad he has that excitement. I remember that feeling, how fun it was to open up new school supplies, start fresh notes with clean, crisp notebooks and new pens, meet new teachers, pick a new seat in the classroom, and learn new things. I hope that he always loves school as much as I did.

2 comments: